CAWS-CIEE IB STUDENT OF THE YEAR AWARD
NOMINATE A STUDENT TO WIN A $2,000 STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP
In a mission to recognize internationally minded students, CAWS is partnering with the Council on International Educational Exchange, CIEE - the country’s largest nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization - to launch the first CAWS-CIEE IB Student of the Year Award!
CIEE, a leader in international education offers enriched summer programs for high school students. They feature top-notch academics and cultural immersion, combined with exciting activities that bring learning to life. A nonprofit, nongovernmental organization, CIEE has been offering quality educational programs since 1947. They have helped students of all ages gain the knowledge, skills, and vision necessary to live and work in our interconnected world. Advisory Council Interviews
Our CAWS-CIEE Student of the Year Award:
- This scholarship provides IB teachers from CAWS member schools an opportunity to put forth the endeavors of their best students
- The winner of our CAWS-CIEE scholarship will receive matching funds from CAWS and CIEE for an award total of $2000 to study abroad on a CIEE Global Navigator Summer Abroad program
- The winner will be honored at the annual CAWS IB conference in Sacramento on March 2, 2020
What are CIEE High School Summer Abroad Programs?
- 3 to 4 week full immersion programs in more than 50 exciting global destinations
- Program themes include language learning, service learning and topics such as STEM, visual arts, international relations or business.
How does this work?
- The student you nominate will be expected to travel on a summer abroad program if they win a scholarship, so make sure you nominate a student who is open to the opportunity and excited about studying abroad.
- You can nominate one deserving student, as long as they qualify to study abroad on a CIEE program. Students with a passion for global discovery and an eagerness to learn outside the classroom make strong candidates. The prize is open to freshman, sophomores and juniors only. Seniors are not eligible.
- Nominated students who do not win the “CAWS-CIEE IB Student of the Year” award remain eligible to be awarded a Global Navigator Scholarship to study abroad with CIEE- scholarships are based on merit and need and can cover 10-100% of program tuition. Scholarships do not cover flight costs.
- CAWS-CIEE Scholarship application deadline is Wednesday, December 20th.
To complete our CAWS Membership form visit our website at: Join CAWS
Learn more about CIEE at Questions? Reach out to Jessie Hill