Board Message & Goals
The California Association of IB World Schools embraces with enthusiasm the academic rigor, the international curriculum, and the mission of IB to "encourage students across the world to become active, compassionate and lifelong learners who understand that other people, with their differences, can also be right."
The most important response to these troubled times in our state, our nation and our world must continue to be the education of tomorrow's citizens. The International Baccalaureate Primary Years, Middle Years, and Diploma Programs give our children the skills and understanding they will need in the world they will inherit.
Prospective parents and interested community members are encouraged to contact and visit their local California IB schools. There you will encounter informed, understanding, compassionate, respectful, and critically thinking students and staff who are the IB in California.
- To serve as an information conduit for California IB schools and their communities;
- To support the continued growth of IB in California;
- To continue working with the California University and State College systems toward our mutal goals of honors recognition and college credit for IB courses and exams;
- To provide opportunities for the training and support of IB teachers and administrators; and
- To serve as a liaison to International Baccalaureate Americas, International Baccalaureate and to other regional and sub-regional IB groups.