Welcome to the 2021/2022 academic year! I trust that the past months have provided you with a restorative and joyous break. Rather than send out my usual ED Update I will be sending you a series of emails that feature relevant updates and opportunities CAWS has created to support our educators.
As we embark on welcoming students into classes, we are once again facing a year with many unknowns and we all know that students will look to their teachers for support and the tools they will need to make this year one of healing and resounding success. CAWS is here to support you in this most worthy pursuit.
During the challenging times since March of 2020 CAWS created a diversified network of support for our educators. Building on that foundation, I am pleased to report that this year we have expanded our series of virtual services with new CAWS Roundtables, IB Listening Sessions, Legislative Briefings and CAWS Special Events. We hope to greet you in person on February 28th when we resume our Spring Forum in San Diego. CAWS Scholarships are back as well as an increase to the awards for member schools who select a CAWS Student of the Year. We have also created, due to popular request, a CAWS membership category for individuals.
CAWS General services:
- Legislative update emails
- Communication with vetted vendors and offers for discounts exclusive to CAWS Members
- Increased Virtual Roundtables - 2021/2022 Events Calendar sent separately
- Virtual Gatherings with IBO Managers and Directors
- New membership category for Individuals who wish to join CAWS and are working at a non-member school
- Increased Value to CAWS 2022 Student of the Year Awards, SOTY -
This year CAWS is offering an additional $50.00 award to each 2022 Student of the Year. Member schools who submit a nomination will receive a refund of their membership fees, ($200.00 DP/CP or $100.00 MYP/PYP), plus $50.00 from CAWS for their SOTY Awards - $250.00 for DP/CP and $150.00 for PYP/MYP members.
Additional Member Benefits:
- A 20% reduction in fees to attend our Spring Seminar event in February
- Invitations to attend roundtable discussions in order to share successful practices (a free service to all California IB Schools).
- Advocacy support with IBO for California schools.
- Advocacy support with California state legislators.
- Advocacy support with the California Department of Education.
- Advocacy support with the University and College for recognition.
- Representation and advocacy at International Baccalaureate Americas Regional Associations’ meetings.
- Supporting a comprehensive network of professionals assisting one another in improving and strengthening the International Baccalaureate in the state of California.
- Summary and updates of California measures related to the International Baccalaureate Programs in California.